Data Import Saves 6 Hours of Overtime per Day
This multimillion-dollar service organization depends onindustry-specific software and an online databaseas the primary source of its transactions and revenue.
- They were manually entering information from the online database into the accounting system for billing purposes, at the rate of hundreds of invoices a day. This introduced data entry errors that required correction. The organization was investing up to 6 hours per day to reenter transactions.
- They had tried importing the transactions from the database, but their current accounting system did not support the import.
- To create the reports they needed, accounting staff was entering data into Excel spreadsheets.
To eliminate these inefficiencies, ie Solutions installed Sage 100 (formerly called MAS-90) and:
- Set up the Sage 100Visual Integrator module to import the invoices on a daily basis, which eliminated 6 hours per day of duplicate transaction re-entry.
- Set up templates for custom reports, which eliminated the need for reports created manually in Excel.
- Created standardized procedures and custom documentation, including instructions and business rules for importing data and producing the reports, which sped the orientation of new bookkeeping staff.